Vulcan Mine

Vitrinite acquired the Vulcan Mine asset on 17 September 2018. Two (2) phases of drilling have now been carried out including the most recent ‘Geostatistical Grid’ drilling for JORC Measured in both the Vulcan South  area and extensive Highwall Mining Resources in the North Eastern portion of the Vulcan Tenements.

We are proud to be a part of Queensland’s mining sector and significantly contribute to the state’s economy. Vulcan Mine contains multiple target coal seams with premium hard coking coal properties.

Highlights

Vitrinite has continued its impressive growth trajectory throughout 2022 and into 2023 at the Vulcan Mine with significant milestones accomplished.

Safety & Health

Underpinning Vitrinite’s project performance to date is its ongoing commitment to Safety and Health across all areas of the business.

Geology

Located on the Collinsville shelf on the central western margin of the Bowen Basin.

The major coal bearing German Creek/Moranbah Coal Measures are present on tenement along the eastern edge. Significant mesa hills formed by highly resistant sandstones have also provided target coal seams throughout the centre of the tenement.

The Back Creek Group also overlies potential Blair Athol Coal Measure type deposits throughout the western extents of the tenement. The area is characterised by reasonably benign regional structures with minor local deformation.

Chris McMahon, Coal Quality Consultant MCQR.

“Vitrinite’s “Vulcan” deposit in the world renown coking coal German Creek Seam Sequences, possesses coal quality characteristics consistent with premium hard coking coal.

That is, comparable outcomes for chief coking coal properties such as Volatile Matter (premium low vol), Crucible Swelling Number (CSN) and Gieseler Fluidity for chosen product ash outcomes.

Coking coal characteristics as described above within the German Creek Seam sequence are usually only observed in well established mines and major mining corporations associated resources and deposits and is exceedingly rare if ever noted in newly developed deposits.”

Learn more about
Vitrinite’s Coal Mines